Wednesday, November 2, 2022

all soul's day


man was made for joy and woe;
and when this we rightly know,
thro the world we safely go
. . joy and woe are woven fine
a clothing for the soul divine
under every grief and pine
runs a joy with silken twine . . 

from auguries of innocence
by william blake (1757-1827)







3 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, the cats are funny! I still have to get our pictures for All Souls. Are there no pictures of your parents or do I not recognize them? Miriam told me that they also have a remembrance corner at Magdalen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice that they have a remembrance corner at Miriam's school. My mom and dad are there, but I do need one of Greg's dad. I had these all together in an envelope in a drawer . .

      Delete
    2. Ah, I see. Many churches also have a bulletin board or a book with people they want to remember in November.

      Delete