greg and korrina returned from our travels on the 24th of september, but morgan and i continued on to austria where i met the au pair family morgan has known now for six years, and we only returned on friday, september 30th. today was our first time all together again since we left. it was also the first time chanda got to hear the full story of morgan's graduation and to see the photos and short videos of of london. chanda had also requested a skein of yarn from the london yarn shop korrina and i went to on friday the 23rd, the day before we left london, and today she finally received it, along with a few skeins of lovely plant dyed yarn from a shop manu took us to where they made beautiful wool rugs.
korrina was still drying a beautiful child's blanket she made for her friend's baby who is turning one year old today.
i made our holiday egg casserole dish which permeated the room and made it feel like christmas.
cappuccino made by morgana . .
laughing at a photo i took of us "whats apping" with chanda from london . .
it was a fun time together, after which chanda went home to attend a local cat adoption event in her neighborhood which she was writing about for her environmental journalism class; while we drove korrina to the birthday celebration (and got to meet little one year old tommy) and then continued on to ikea, where we had a fun time helping morgana pick out some essentials that were wanted for fixing up the bedroom and where we also enjoyed a swedish meatball meal along with coffee and cinnamon buns (which were first sold out but luckily several more batches were made). ikea was very busy at 3 pm in the afternoon on a weekend!










How lovely to read a post from you this morning. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures- it sounds as if you all had an amazing time
ReplyDeleteSiobhan x
Hello Siobhan, it's nice to be home again and look back at our adventures. It's been awhile since I traveled so far and we did have a fun time. I'm going to try and post one a day through these next weeks (along with the current day) . . so today I put up about getting to the airport on the 14th.
DeleteWelcome home! I am glad it all went well and nobody got sick. Peter had a bad cold in Germany, which made his conference a bit difficult. Do you have a member card for Ikea? You get your coffee for free with that. You have been busy upon your return! Are you exhausted at all?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Ikea tip . . and I was surprised that I didn't feel more exhausted. I have just consistently been going to bed around 9 pm, which is actually very good for me.
DeleteI was sad that we didn't get a chance to meet. It's no good you'll have to have an excuse to visit again someday ❤️. Is Morgan home for good though now that she has graduated? Seeing these family photos takes me back all those years and reading your blog from way back when. You always manage to capture the mood and as always your place looks super cosy 😊.
ReplyDeleteWhat a time for you to be in London though with a state funeral going on! Did you walk past the epic queue?!! We Brits are famous for queuing, you can spot us a mile off when we travel abroad 😂. There was even a queue to join the queue! I saw a lovely Twitter thread of a lass accompanying her mum to London from Yorkshire (not far from us) and she ran a Twitter thread of the whole experience, the camaraderie, a lady queuing in five inch heels and other stories. Her thread went viral and as a result she was interviewed by both TV and radio, it really was quite lovely.
Sending much love to you dear friend xx
Hello San, I know . . I can't believe I was in London and missed seeing you. I had daydreamed often about it before leaving, but I saw that each day we did so much and still didn't get to everything (I missed walking a few blocks south to see where Morgan had attended the design school program which I had wanted to do . . ) Yes! We did pass the queue :) when we saw the Tempest and Much Ado at Shakespeare's Globe. It was fun to see and very orderly and people did seem to be having a good time. We even had a homeschooling friend who we heard had been on it! That's a lovely story about the young girl from Yorkshire.
DeleteMorgan really loves London and hopes to return soon via some kind of work visa or internship/apprenticeship. We'll have to see how it goes.
I send you much love San! xoxoxo