i finally made the bran muffins from misty copeland's book ballerina body.
the recipe called for almond flour and bran flakes. i think my almond flour was old, as it didn't absorb the six eggs properly and i had to keep adding an extra spoonful . . after spoonful . . i finally decided that i didn't need to finish up the old flour, and so opened a new package. i'm not sure if all worked out well because of the new flour that was added, or because i finally had added enough for the correct consistency.
i also made the blender jam: apricots, figs, cherries and prunes blended with some prune juice.
these are the montmorency cherries that lucia brought for us in a big box from michigan. this is about a sixteenth of what came in the box, and we've almost eaten them all!




They look good, in spite of all the problems. Does the cookbook say what kind of almond flour? There is a huge difference in how the different brands work. Elana's Pantry used to have some explanation of what kind works for her recipe. It is not the normal kind, the kind you find in the stores, and some of her recipes need a lot of adjustment.
ReplyDeleteThe cookbook doesn't say, but I have Bob's Red Mill on my shelf.
DeleteThose muffins and the jam look delicious! I make a lot of our baked goods with ground almonds. obviously I cannot eat muffins but I made a lovely almond and flax seed pastry for a quiche yesterday. I very rarely cook with regular GF flour these days :-)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds very good!
Delete