my guy is such a guy and my cat is such a dog . . greg did a great job at attempting to fix our door knob and lock today, and pluto did a great job at keeping watch by the door. since he can't jump up on furniture and book shelves like most cats, he is always lying by the door (very much like a dog) and doesn't move as the door pushes into him when opening. we constantly worry that he'll get paws or his tail caught, which actually happened once when greg pushed too quickly. he's a kitty cat door stop. morgana suggested we make a sign for the outside of the door warning that a cat is on the other side and to open slowly . . maybe i can do so this weekend. (in the photo above since the apartment door is open, the little monster was forced to move to the outer door in the foyer that leads to the stairwell in order to be near a closed door . . or in order to guard the castle properly i suppose.)

That is impressive, that he changed the lock. Peter did that on our front door, but the hole of the old door knob was somewhat bigger than the lock he bought (I actually think you cannot get the original size anymore), and now our front door lock only works when you turn it a million times in both directions :).
ReplyDeleteWhen Julius was really little and we still had carpeting in the living-room, we almost stepped on him because he would lie on the carpet: The carpet and Julius had almost the exact same color!
I guess a sign at your door would be a good idea . . . Do you think Pluto wants to get out?
Yes, Pluto would love to explore the stairs, but he doesn't have good balance and would end up tumbling down, so it's better he stays in the foyer. Poor cat!
DeleteWe didn't have much luck with our lock either. Similar to yours, it wasn't the right size and we need to return it tomorrow. Since so many years have gone by, we're wondering if we can obtain one that fits. It's frustrating!
I can imagine Julius blending into your carpet, and how jarring it could be to suddenly step on him! I have a footstool I use in the kitchen for getting dishes and glasses and linens from the top shelves in the cabinets (I actually step up onto the counter itself from the stool); whenever I step down from, I must make sure there isn't a cat in the way. Since I'm coming down from such a height, I often worry I'm going to smoosh a feline. Also, I often move too quickly and am checking for cats at the very last minute.
No, tumbling down would not be good, I agree.
DeleteAh, too bad! I don't understand why these locks have to have different sizes. Have you found the right size?
I can imagine how hard it is not to step on a cat in your kitchen because it is quite narrow. I did step on Julius yesterday when turning around. He tends to get underfoot in the kitchen as well and he is not as fast as he used to be anymore.
Yes he's a guard cat! Sorry to read about the lock issue, why they cannot make a universal size beats me! Good to see you on the blog, love San xx
ReplyDeleteReminds me of "A Lion to Guard Us," a popular historical novel for children, although there is not cat in there.
Deleteoh, that sounds good. i'll have to look that up.
Deleteindeed san! why can't they make a universal size! the locks we tried were both by the same company! why change the size???
Delete