Saturday, April 27, 2024

dinner in chinatown

 
greg and i walked to chinatown this evening to meet friends for dinner at hop kee restaurant.

we walked along sixth avenue to church street and then turned onto franklin, walked through collect pond park to centre street and then along hogan place to columbus park, which we walked through to mosco street which took us to mott street. the photo above is looking across columbus park playground to the old five points neighborhood.


mosco and mulberry streets . . 



hop kee restaurant is on the right and down the stairs . . we had spring rolls, chicken with cashews and chinese broccoli in oyster sauce . . and tea. it was all very good.

walking home . . 

through little italy . . 

my neighbor said she walked 20,000 steps today . . !

13 comments:

  1. I would love to wander the New York streets again
    I am 60 in January - Jake, Rosie and I are thinking of flying in for a few days

    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very exciting! Are you thinking for January? For your birthday?

      Delete
  2. It would be for my birthday - I celebrated my 40th and 50th birthdays in New York too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful Siobhan. As you plan it, email me. It would be nice to see you, Jake and Rosie.

      Delete
  3. So sad there is graffiti on that one building. Veronika and Peter also walked over 20,000 steps in Chicago each day. I think my legs would hurt after so many steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very tiring! But I think a person must sleep well afterwards.

      Delete
    2. Although sometimes you are so tired that you cannot sleep at all after strenuous exercise.

      Delete
    3. Yes, we need time to calm down then . . Korrina has that problem when she gets home from work so late at night . . all the hustle of quickly preparing food and then the trip home . . it takes her awhile to quiet down.

      Delete
    4. I believe that! I once worked at McDonald's in Germany for a month (the only place to get a summer job in our town). I had the night shift and when I was finally home around midnight, I could not fall asleep. I worked at the cash register most of the time and even when I was home I thought I was entering items into the cash register! It was awful! I could not relax.

      Delete
    5. I used to work in a restaurant and would also have funny dreams like that . . !

      Delete
    6. Maybe all sensitive people do that.

      Delete
    7. How funny dreams can be!

      Delete