Saturday, April 18, 2020

monday's rainbow, breakfast with korrina, and bananagrams

chanda took a photo of monday's rainbow that occurred just after 7 pm that day. it made the news and you can read about it in the gothamist here. scroll down further in the article and you can hear that evening's contribution to the 7 pm cheer from a musician on his fire escape on east 7th street (paying homage to jimi hendrix's star spangled banner) and also a link to the cheers at the east river cooperative apartments by grand street and fdr drive (where someone was playing frank sinatra's new york, new york).

----

 i actually wrote this post last night, which is why this photo of our breakfast wasn't put up first. korrina popped in while we were eating (via a whatsapp video call), and it was nice to talk with her and catch up on what she has been doing. she had been out early at her green market, and was thinking of making sour dough crackers. she actually hadn't been out in a few days, and enjoyed today's sunshine.

 we had our game night this evening, since we completely forgot last night (and watched seinfeld instead).


greg won again, but chanda and i had fun creating our words.

 we were happy because we were picking up more vowels this time around.

it's much easier creating words when you have vowels.

i dusted, vacuumed and cleaned the bathroom today, and then decided we would just have popcorn for dinner while we played bananagrams. i also oiled my cutting boards. i think it's been over a year since this chore was done. i have my knitting out now. i finally started a shawl whose yarn and pattern i had bought two years ago when korrina and i went to rhinebeck together. i'll have to put up a post about it, along with the current book i'm reading. i have greg's computer set up at the moment, in order to watch ballet now, a documentary about a dance performance curated by tiler peck in 2018 for the music center in los angeles.


(p.s. i'm adding this note on sunday . . i thought this was a wonderful documentary with beautiful, fun and inspired dancing, and that tiler peck put together a fabulous show. i highly recommend it. i hope it comes out on dvd one day and that local libraries will have it for everyone to see.)

7 comments:

  1. That rainbow offers such hope doesn't it? Finally able to comment, for some reason since upgrading my phone it doesn't automatically link to google for comments so then i have to wait until the computer is free! You did well with your online pasta course what a treat to be part of that group and Chanda did a great job building her desk. Hope you all continue to stay safe and well. Thank God for your governor 'cos POTUS is utterly bonkers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, San. The week had fun moments and the rainbow felt so special and hopeful to all of us. Truly magical! We have all been so thankful for how calm our governor has been and how well he has managed the situation. I can no longer listen to or read anything about our inept POTUS. I agree that he is absolutely nuts.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful rainbow! The girls played "Cheater." Do you know that one? I thought your "vowel" sentence was very funny. Flora still sometimes forgets them or uses too many :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did Korrina stay longer? You must have been happy to see her.

      Delete
    2. I'm not familiar with Cheater. I'll have to ask Chanda if she's heard of it.

      Some languages don't have many vowels! In regard to Flora's words with too many vowels, I think they would look very summery :)

      I fixed my sentence about Korrina popping in . . I meant that she popped in via the whatsapp video call feature. I have the phone in the middle of the table in the photo above. I think you may have thought I meant that she had physically stopped by? Of course I was happy to see her on the phone (lol). These days, I love it when she video calls and I can see her taking a walk (she sometimes calls when out walking in her neighborhood) or when she's at home unpacking goodies from the green market.

      Delete
    3. Oh yes, I thought she came to visit in person!!! Well, even if it is online, it must be good to know she is healthy.

      Delete