i spent the day cleaning out two bookcases. it had years of papers and crafts, school books and workbooks shoved willy nilly onto its shelves.
pluto was very curious . .
he can stare without blinking for quite a long time!
i found plastic bags of crafts that were from several years ago, for example:
snowflakes (on the left) and felt cut outs of birds and owls (on the right), remnants from past homeschooling craft fairs (we're talking three to four to five years ago!!)
when the work was done, i felt incredibly refreshed and light hearted. chanda's cubby is on the right. you can see it's still messy. i asked her to go through it, but she's either out at work or out with her friends and she still has two huge bags of laundry to do . . so i'll probably sort it and leave papers which i think she still wants in a bag in her room. she recently did a wonderful job cleaning her room, so i'm not going to worry about it. the top right shelf is morgana's, who will be home soon and can review its contents. morgana is a quick worker and can have it cleared out in no time (unless it leads to another space that needs decluttering . . then the dear one can be at work for hours!).
i mainly wanted to put the manger scene here, and not up on top where it's been in past years.
i finally put up the seasonal table on the piano again. i had taken it down when madeline was dying, as she would still jump up and knock everything down. she actually was worse when she was sick! i recently found a video of her and pluto where she struts past him on the bed and goes off camera and knocks down the mary figure from the creche i always keep on the piano at christmas time. i'll find it and put it up this weekend. povera madeline! i do miss her!









I'm dreading to declutter our home, I have to do it soon, though. There are so very many things we crafted or drew that I sometimes don't know where to put everything. :-) Your seasonal table looks really nice, is that winter standing there in blue and white? Was Madeline your cat?
ReplyDeleteYes, Madeline was our cat, and that is King Winter. I sorted through many drawings, paintings and crafts. It's difficult deciding what to keep and what to let go!
DeleteUsually my kids never ask for things they crafted in the past. But as soon as I put it away they DO ask for exactely the things I put away, I don't know they seem to somehow "smell" when something is gone. But I just can't keep every tiny bit or I'll have to rent a seperate apartment to keep it all. :-)
DeleteSo true!
DeleteThis looks so much better! We also have quite a few craft remnants that need to be sorted through. Maybe after Christmas? Jonathan brought home a whole stack of books. Each semester he drops off his old books here (he wants to keep them), but I have no room for them. He also brought back some really old German books from the St. Vincent library. They were going to throw them out! They were from the 19th century.
ReplyDeleteThe old German books sound beautiful, but I can empathize: where are we supposed to keep them all!?
Delete