Friday, January 13, 2023

what's been going on . .

it's been a quiet week. this morning i walked with kendall to the green market at union square and picked out kale and winter squash for the week's dinners. it's been warm . . in the upper 40's and 50's. every day is cloudy, every morning is dark. when the blue sky appears, the cooler air descends, but it's been very calm with no wind.

kendall and aurélien came over to see the tree on wednesday and had biscotti, teff cookies and gingerbread with us, along with kukicha tea. morgan has been taking care of the twins uptown and going to rehearsals with deychen for ellen's show. chanda has been off from school and enjoying some down time in between work shifts at the cafe (and ellen rehearsals). pluto has been well and the sore on his tongue has healed, and korrina has been at work in the east village four days a week. the christmas tree is still up and is not coming down anytime soon, it seems! we have friends coming over to see it and to also meet the cats next tuesday, and morgan has friends coming in from london on monday who will stay at a hotel in chelsea and come by for dinner sometime next week.

this evening morgan and i watched the man who invented christmas and we enjoyed it immensely. thanks for posting about it, eva. i think it will be an essential christmas time movie from now on, along with reading a christmas carol. (we also watched a christmas story christmas, and eloise at christmastime this week.)

cricket watched a bit of it with us too . . 

it's still holiday time around here . .

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad you liked it! There are so many little things that one can discover in the movie and I think it is a movie you can watch many times and still find new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! It's wonderfully uplifting also :)

      Delete
    2. So true and I really liked to see the inner struggle Dickens had when writing the piece.

      Delete
    3. Yes, that was good to see.

      Delete
  2. It’s wonderful to visit NYC via your blog
    And see people just going about their daily life, doing everyday things, but in the most magical city in the world

    As Tony is so unwell ( and back in hospital for the third time in 4 weeks), my world has become very small . And very sad

    And how wonderful that your off spring are performing together again
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Siobhan, it's so good to hear from you. I'm sorry Tony is so unwell and has been in the hospital again. I will keep you both in my prayers and I send you a big hug . Thank you for the update xoxo (And I think I'm commenting as Anonymous . . for some reason Google is not reading me as signed in.)

      Delete
    2. It came through!

      Delete