Saturday, August 1, 2020

and . . . . it's august

 morgan has been in cornwall . .


surfing . .

 and camping . .




it looks so beautiful . . . and i think the wet suit is definitely needed. tomorrow it's only supposed to go up to 65, 18 in celsius. i'm used to super hot summers where one can't wait to jump into the cold north atlantic to cool off.

 greg and i drove out to queens at 7:45 this morning, to help korrina move a couch into the apartment (acquired from a friend who was moving), and then dropped her off at work.

dinner was a caprese salad with fresh basil from the green market, cherry tomatoes and sunflower sprouts.

----

today was the most pleasant day we've had in weeks. the temperature went up to 84 (about 29 celsius) as opposed to it being consistently between 91 and 94 with warm, humid nights. it's a nice 76 degrees right now, with a cool breeze coming from the north.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, wet suits definitely needed, even in Cornwall which is normally considerably warmer than here in the north, so far this July has been a real washout. Last week we were wearing woollies and tights to keep warm x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woollies and tights! Chanda would love that. She does not like the heat. I hope you get some nice in between days!

      Delete
  2. Does she know how to surf? What is the "white stuff" in your dinner? Cheese? Yes, it has been a bit cooler here too, but the humidity has not changed much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is cooler for us too, but the humidity is high, so we're all rather "damp!" I'm not minding it as the past few weeks it was over 90. We're alright as long as we stay in the shade. Supposedly, it feels like 100 in the sunshine.

      Yes, that's mozzarella cheese, making up the main part of the salad.

      Morgana has surfed a little bit with my nephew out on Montauk, so not quite an expert, but there's much enjoyment from the attempts :)

      Delete
    2. We have had a few really great day now. I finally don't feel so sluggish anymore.

      Do you buy the wet mozzarella made from buffalo milk?

      Oh, good that it is not all new learning.

      Delete
    3. I'm glad you've had some cooler days! It's very difficult to get anything accomplished when it's so hot and muggy. I don't think this mozzarella was from buffalo milk. I bought it from my health food store and it wasn't as creamy as the one I buy from the Italian pork store.

      Delete