Thursday, April 30, 2015

evening adventure

i met greg at macnally's bookstore in soho this evening. he had an amazon gift card with which he wanted to buy some books, and he offered to get chanda and i a book each also. sweet, eh?

chanda chose to browse the travel section . .

greg likes to browse the new fiction table . .

afterwards we walked a few blocks south and west to . .

                                       lombardi's!!!

morgana did a "meet me at the corner" episode here a number of years ago (which, unfortunately, i cannot find online right now, however here is my blogpost about the shoot) (and you know what is so amazing!!?? that SIX - 2009!!!- years have passed since morgana did this shoot and we NEVER visited until tonight!!!!!!!!  i cannot type enough exclamation points to show my shock at this state of affairs! it just astounds me! because, and if you visit the link you will see, it honestly, honestly!!!! feels like just yesterday to me that we were there doing the shoot!!!!).

(okay, back to the present, 2015) we ordered a margarita pie and ate every piece . . 

   (my and chanda's book choices - what a statement of our mindset and interests these days).

9 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, there is a London book and not just a London book, but Rick Steves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :) My sister and I really enjoy Rick Steves' videos and books!

      Delete
    2. I use him a lot for teaching German culture and even Peter has used his videos in some of his classes.

      Delete
    3. Which videos of his do you like for German culture? I think I can get them from my library.

      Delete
    4. I always use the Christmas ones on Austria, Switzerland, and Germany. Then there are several on Switzerland and Austria I use and one on Berlin. I have to check my Moodle page to be more exact.

      Delete
    5. He has so many! We've enjoyed several from our library, but I don't think I've seen the Christmas ones. I'll have to look them up.

      Delete
    6. The Christmas collection is called "European Christmas." You can also check YouTube, there are a lot of free videos by him.

      Delete
    7. On this siteunder "watch" you can find some.

      Delete
    8. Wonderful Eva, thank you!

      Delete